- This event has passed.
October 3, 2016 @ 9:00 am - October 5, 2016 @ 4:00 pm
TASMANIAN ASSOCIATION OF LABORATORY MANAGERS 2016 CONFERENCE, HOBART
Monday October 3rd to Wednesday October 5th
Conference Highlights Day 1 Sorell School
• Australian Curriculum: Science Overview – Peter Wright, Curriculum Teacher Leader – Science (Years 9-12), Department of Education
• See a combined Primary and High School including a tour of school farm and Trade Training Centre
• Fire safety training – David Arnott, Leading Firefighter, Airservices Australia
• Overview of Lab safety courses that address Australian Standards – Lisa Stevens, OHS Presenter and Lecturer, RMIT Uni, Melbourne* Day 2 Ogilvie High School
• Laboratory Safety workshop – Gary Lebsanft**, WHS Consultant, Injury Prevention Management
• Geology workshop – Tanya Adams – Laboratory Manager, Ulverstone High School
• Conference Dinner Day 3 Excursions, then Ogilvie High School
• Menzies Centre tour
• Mornington Park Waste Transfer Station tour and shopping opportunity in the Tip Shop
• Electricity, Motors and Magnets: Hands on Physics – William Hardman, Laboratory Manager, Newstead College
• Lab Technician sharing session More Details Contact Fiona Hay fiona.hay(is a dancing llama)education.tas.gov.au Joy Arnott joy.arnott(is a dancing llama)education.tas.gov.au Miriam McFarlane miriam.mcfarlane(is a dancing llama)education.tas.gov.au
The full conference program will be available soon *Lisa Stevens is an Industry Health and Safety Consultant in the School of Science at RMIT University and Chair of the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Division the Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI). **Gary Lebsanft has a background in Industrial Chemistry.
Please Click on the link for full details and registration form.
TALM Oct 2016 CONF FlyerTALM Oct 2016 CONF Flyer